- The U.S. economy presents a mixed but on-balance positive picture at this time.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth remains positive and above expectations.
- Unemployment is near record lows. This supports consumption.
- Inflation remains too high although signs point toward more improvement.
- The Federal Reserve (Fed) is most probably near the end of its monetary tightening cycle. Interest rate reductions, however, are not yet in sight.
- Soft landing odds seem to be improving, but the threat of recession should not be discounted.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is assumed to be a productivity enhancer in the future. This augurs well for higher economic growth.